I Need Help Now! – Suicide Prevention
If you need help now, please REACH OUT in whatever way feels most comfortable to you… Remember you are NOT the only one!
9-1-1 (emergency only)
(800) 273-8255 (TALK)
(800) 784-2433 (SUI-CIDE)
Call a friend or relative
Suicide hotline lists:
Online Suicide Help
These resources can help you if you are contemplating suicide now.
- If you are thinking about suicide please read this first. It has helped me in the past.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Suicide Awareness Voices Education (SAVE) – What to do about suicidal thoughts
- The Suicide Project – Share your suicide story with others or read other’s experiences
Help a Friend
If you know someone you feel might be suicidal, or have a friend in crisis, here are some resources that can help.
- How to Talk to a Suicidal Friend – Easy instructions via eHow
- Helping a Suicidal Friend or Relative via Befrienders Worldwide
- What to Do When a Friend Is Feeling Suicidal via About.com
- Someone You Know is Suicidal via SAVE
Please be warned that some of the following resources may be extremely triggering to some. However, if you find solace in knowing that others have felt the same as you do right now, please dive in…
Inspiration and Relaxation
This list gathers some ideas and links that I found helpful for hard times.
- Gives Me Hope shares life’s uplifting experiences. “Life is beautiful today!”
- FMyLife shares life’s bad experiences, letting you know you are not the only one
- Watch an uplifting movie.
- 21 Most Beautiful and Inspirational Movies via AllWomensTalk
- 35 Inspirational Movies That Will Change Your Life via Lifehack
- Top 100 Most Inspiring Films via Infoplease
- Have a laugh by reading my post, Need a Laugh?
- Here is a post about breathing exercises, meditation and visualization that may help for relaxation, Breathing Exercises, Meditation and Visualization for PTSD.
Gary Jules – Mad World
Silverchair – Suicidal Dream
Papa Roach – Last Resort (Uncensored)